Skip to main content

Our trip to Sea World, San Antonio!

This past weekend, Daniel's company provided a fun family day at Sea World in San Antonio. The kids always love going there and it's a fun day for us too. It was super hot that day, but thank goodness for the shaded shows!! We got to start off the day with a yummy lunch at the Pavilion and they had prize drawings and special animals brought in for the kids to see, such as a giant lizard, a lemur, a baby alligator, and a baby flaming. We also got a visit from Shamu, who Christopher was SURE to stay away from (as you can see he's nowhere to be found in the picture:)

Matthew petting the giant lizard:)


The baby flamingo followed his trainer everywhere and would hide underneath his legs, like he does his mommy:) Aww....
The lemur...


After lunch, we went on a "Behind the scenes" tour where we got to go visit several of the animals closer up and see what all goes on every day. It was a LOT of walking and very hot, but I think the kids enjoyed it. Here's a picture of a dolphin saying hello to us as we visited their pool.


Then we got to visit the stingray pool, which was neat, although the kids were hesitant at first to pet them. (If our faces look blue, it's because there was a blue tarp over us...it was great shade!)





Stopping for a rest (and a picture:) from all the walking all over the park!


We decided to take a rest and go visit Shamu and see the "Believe" show. We were brave and sat in the Splash Zone for a little extra cooling off. Little did we know that Matt would get drenched!




I think this is a neat picture...we made the TV screen! Haha...you can see me taking the picture on the screen and Daniel and Katherine behind the guy wearing the Texas shirt:)


Our last stop before we headed home was to take a family picture (I insisted, but you can tell they weren't really wanting to after a long but fun day)! Matthew was completely drenched (and so was I!!) from a water ride we went on 2 times! We had a great time though:)


Heading home...couldn't quite get the right angle to take this picture, but for some reason I really like it anyway.

Phew! What a fun day!

Comments

Anonymous said…
The authoritative point of view, it is tempting

Popular posts from this blog

Old Navy Coupon!!

Wahoo...I don't know if I've ever been more excited about a coupon before! Lately, I've been following a lot of neat money-saving blogs to see if I could cut our grocery budget down from about $1,000 a month and I'm proud to say that I've done that this month and cut it down to $400...more than HALF! That's partially why I haven't posted blogs in a while because this definitely keeps me busy, but I guess is well worth it! I use to just clip a few coupons, head to the store, and be so excited when I'd save $15-20 in one trip. (If you're interested in knowing the money-saving blogs I follow, let me know and I'll forward them to you!) Anyways, OldNavyWeekly.com hides several coupons on there each week (usually reloads on Thursdays) and a big coupon on there is $75 off $100 purchase. I tried last week to get it and even stayed up til 2 a.m. trying, but no luck (I really enjoy the challenge:). Last night, I tried at 8 p.m. and found they reloaded

A Little Bit of Christmas...

I've had a lot of fun this year decorating for Christmas! Last year we really didn't decorate since we had just moved into our house and weren't even in town long enough to enjoy it. Plus in years past, we've had a 4 foot Christmas tree that was "child-proof". Well this year our tree is definitely not child proof but I guess we took the risk. It's been great watching the kid's faces every morning looking at the tree and turning on the lights and train underneath it. We also figured out that the train calms Christopher down and sometimes puts him to sleep! Last night he was really fussy and after a while we weren't sure what to do. So we just sat down in front of the tree and turned the train on for Matt, and Christopher just watched it go around and round for a while and stopped crying! We'll have to try that again!...maybe we should keep the train out year round! :) Daniel was in the Christmas spirit last night and decided to wrap two presents

Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus...Contemporary style

Yesterday I went to the store for a few things and ended up buying a Nativity set and displayed it in the house. Of course, it wasn't long before the kids found it and started playing with the pieces. Matthew ran around saying "Baby Jesus!...I love you baby Jesus!" and then Katherine wanted to pretend that Christopher was baby Jesus. So a few towels, headbands, and bathrobes later, this is the outcome:) Katherine praying over her newly born baby Jesus- Katherine and baby Jesus so excited and filled with joy- Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus in the stable (yes, with a Christmas tree in the background)- Luke 2:14 "And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth."