Skip to main content

2, 4, 6...Who's great!??


My kiddos!! Yes, my kiddos! Ok, I know that was cheesy, but it sure is fun saying I have a 2, 4, and 6 year old! And I do appreciate them:) I know it's been FOREVER since I've posted an update on the family so here we go!

Katherine is on the home stretch of first grade and doing very well! She excels in Math and got the Math award this year in her class. She's also above level in reading and just loves to learn! It's amazing all the things she's learning and doing in first grade! She recently lost a top tooth and I just love her toothless grin! She's having so much fun riding her bike without training wheels and is always trying to learn some new trick to do on it. She's a very sweet and caring second "mother" to Christopher and even goes around the house calling him "Baby...". (Do I do that??:) Matthew doesn't quite let her baby him nearly as much. The wild flowers picture was taken literally right outside of our neighborhood...it's fun to live out in the country!






Matthew just turned four, and it sure seemed like the week he turned four that I was going to be in for a busy year with a boy who is a hand-ful. But I think I'm just realizing how strong Matthew's personality is and that he's really starting to show it a lot now. He is a fun, outgoing boy and is not shy AT ALL and I have to really teach him how some things are ok to say and some things aren't! He really speaks his mind which really helps when you're wanting to know how he's feeling/doing. He had a Spiderman themed birthday party and I think there were about 21 kids at the party! Whew...I never knew having a party would be so much work and planning, but it was so much fun and worth every minute of it. Matthew definitely keeps me busy and always on my toes, and I'm so glad he has a playmate at home while Katherine is at school! In the wild flowers picture, Matthew was playing the "serious" game and not smiling because I told him we could play it (I was trying to get a smile out of him, but guess it didn't work).







Speaking of the playmate...Christopher just turned 2! I can't believe my "baby" is already 2 years old! He is really a very good talker and says lots of phrases! He loves his blankie and carries it around like Elmo does in the Groucholand movie. He loves Elmo! I think I'm really appreciating his phase right now because I'm realizing it's the last time we'll have a young one doing those things (until we're grandparents!:( He loves choo-choo's and Elmo so I did a simple train cake with Elmo on top. I was originally wanting to mount Elmo on the track, but it kept sliding off the cake so I had to "de-rail" him. Christopher's personality is really coming out too and we're seeing that he's a thinker/watcher/intellectual type and loves to draw/read/color. We've had several incidents of coloring on the walls which has been quite interesting. The boys are now sleeping in bunk beds and that has been fun!









Daniel and I have been busy lately it seems! I manage to stay busy with housework, bargain shopping, small group Bible study, working at the church, and the kids. I'm looking at doing a Beth Moore study this summer at my house, so please pray for that if you think about it! Daniel definitely stays busy too with the family and work. In Daniel's spare time, he's been refinishing a coffee table we have, helping me paint our bathroom and hallways, and planting a bunch of red-tip photinia's in the backyard. I can't believe summer is around the corner! Time flies!

Comments

Alisa said…
Hi Mary! I saw your comment on Hip2Save, and then I saw you were in Leander, TX! I am, too!! I started couponing about 4 months ago and I am having so much fun and saving so much money! I started a blog for my family and friends that pulls from all of the blogs. You can check it out, if you want. cedarparkcoupondivas.blogspot.com

You can also check me out at vasquez4.blogspot.com

You have a beautiful family!
The Trombleys said…
Thanks for updating, Mary! I love to read about your family. :) It looks like you have such wonderful children! I am excited to watch them from afar. Are you still running? Have you done any races? You look so great in all those pictures!

Mary

Popular posts from this blog

Old Navy Coupon!!

Wahoo...I don't know if I've ever been more excited about a coupon before! Lately, I've been following a lot of neat money-saving blogs to see if I could cut our grocery budget down from about $1,000 a month and I'm proud to say that I've done that this month and cut it down to $400...more than HALF! That's partially why I haven't posted blogs in a while because this definitely keeps me busy, but I guess is well worth it! I use to just clip a few coupons, head to the store, and be so excited when I'd save $15-20 in one trip. (If you're interested in knowing the money-saving blogs I follow, let me know and I'll forward them to you!) Anyways, OldNavyWeekly.com hides several coupons on there each week (usually reloads on Thursdays) and a big coupon on there is $75 off $100 purchase. I tried last week to get it and even stayed up til 2 a.m. trying, but no luck (I really enjoy the challenge:). Last night, I tried at 8 p.m. and found they reloaded

A Little Bit of Christmas...

I've had a lot of fun this year decorating for Christmas! Last year we really didn't decorate since we had just moved into our house and weren't even in town long enough to enjoy it. Plus in years past, we've had a 4 foot Christmas tree that was "child-proof". Well this year our tree is definitely not child proof but I guess we took the risk. It's been great watching the kid's faces every morning looking at the tree and turning on the lights and train underneath it. We also figured out that the train calms Christopher down and sometimes puts him to sleep! Last night he was really fussy and after a while we weren't sure what to do. So we just sat down in front of the tree and turned the train on for Matt, and Christopher just watched it go around and round for a while and stopped crying! We'll have to try that again!...maybe we should keep the train out year round! :) Daniel was in the Christmas spirit last night and decided to wrap two presents

Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus...Contemporary style

Yesterday I went to the store for a few things and ended up buying a Nativity set and displayed it in the house. Of course, it wasn't long before the kids found it and started playing with the pieces. Matthew ran around saying "Baby Jesus!...I love you baby Jesus!" and then Katherine wanted to pretend that Christopher was baby Jesus. So a few towels, headbands, and bathrobes later, this is the outcome:) Katherine praying over her newly born baby Jesus- Katherine and baby Jesus so excited and filled with joy- Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus in the stable (yes, with a Christmas tree in the background)- Luke 2:14 "And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth."