Skip to main content

Reunion Ranch...


This year, Daniel's company picnic was at Reunion Ranch, about 5 miles from our house! In years past, the events have been at Sea World, Fiesta Texas, and other places that are a longer drive so we appreciated the very short commute this year!

The Ranch had a completely different feel than a large amusement park, but it was so fun and I think all the kids really enjoyed themselves. Katherine kept saying how that was "the best place ever!" She wished she could live there she said...

There was a lot of fun activities, like horse riding, rock climbing, a large playscape with zip lines for the kids, tepees, paddleboats, relay races, basketball, BBQ, icecream and Snow cones, and more! The kids really seemed to have a blast and it was very nice not to have to wait in long lines to ride a ride with small kids. Plus it was nice not to have to worry about the kids running off since we had the whole park reserved and there was a large green field the kids could run on, so we didn't have to worry too much about them getting lost. The weather couldn't have been any nicer either and overall it was just a great evening out!

Here are few pics...(sorry if they seem a little fuzzy...I didn't realize the camera was on a low quality image setting until we got home).
Matthew proudly showing us his blue tongue from his Snow cone-

Katherine peeking out of the tires on the playscape-

Katherine and Matthew climbing the rope wall on the playscape-

The guys paddleboating along-

Katherine on the Zip Line...she loved this!-

Daniel and Matt on the Zip line...this is my favorite picture of the day! They were going so fast that I didn't think it would even show up but it looks so neat how the trees are still moving but they're faces aren't completely blurry:)

Katherine climbing the rock wall...she did this at least 3 times! She loved it!-


Katherine riding the horse...she loved being able to ride and steer the horse all by herself! The horses would follow each other in a line, but the kids had to kick the horse to make it go and pull back on the reigns to make it stop. She learned how to steer the horse out of the bushes one time too...:)

Christopher could have spent the whole day/night playing with balls...I think he will be a sports boy! (At the library this morning, he blurted out "Baw" (i.e. ball) in a loud voice and started running. I was wondering what he was talking about until I noticed the world globe sitting on top of the bookshelves. Smart kid! Good thing it was too high to reach:)




Here's a family picture from the day...

Oh and these pictures don't relate to Reunion Ranch, but they are from a Dinosaur park the boys and I visited this past week. They loved digging in the sand looking for dinosaur bones, climbing on the rocks, and having a picnic lunch at the park.




"In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven." - Matthew 5:16

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Navy Coupon!!

Wahoo...I don't know if I've ever been more excited about a coupon before! Lately, I've been following a lot of neat money-saving blogs to see if I could cut our grocery budget down from about $1,000 a month and I'm proud to say that I've done that this month and cut it down to $400...more than HALF! That's partially why I haven't posted blogs in a while because this definitely keeps me busy, but I guess is well worth it! I use to just clip a few coupons, head to the store, and be so excited when I'd save $15-20 in one trip. (If you're interested in knowing the money-saving blogs I follow, let me know and I'll forward them to you!) Anyways, OldNavyWeekly.com hides several coupons on there each week (usually reloads on Thursdays) and a big coupon on there is $75 off $100 purchase. I tried last week to get it and even stayed up til 2 a.m. trying, but no luck (I really enjoy the challenge:). Last night, I tried at 8 p.m. and found they reloaded

A Little Bit of Christmas...

I've had a lot of fun this year decorating for Christmas! Last year we really didn't decorate since we had just moved into our house and weren't even in town long enough to enjoy it. Plus in years past, we've had a 4 foot Christmas tree that was "child-proof". Well this year our tree is definitely not child proof but I guess we took the risk. It's been great watching the kid's faces every morning looking at the tree and turning on the lights and train underneath it. We also figured out that the train calms Christopher down and sometimes puts him to sleep! Last night he was really fussy and after a while we weren't sure what to do. So we just sat down in front of the tree and turned the train on for Matt, and Christopher just watched it go around and round for a while and stopped crying! We'll have to try that again!...maybe we should keep the train out year round! :) Daniel was in the Christmas spirit last night and decided to wrap two presents

Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus...Contemporary style

Yesterday I went to the store for a few things and ended up buying a Nativity set and displayed it in the house. Of course, it wasn't long before the kids found it and started playing with the pieces. Matthew ran around saying "Baby Jesus!...I love you baby Jesus!" and then Katherine wanted to pretend that Christopher was baby Jesus. So a few towels, headbands, and bathrobes later, this is the outcome:) Katherine praying over her newly born baby Jesus- Katherine and baby Jesus so excited and filled with joy- Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus in the stable (yes, with a Christmas tree in the background)- Luke 2:14 "And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth."