Skip to main content

Christopher turns 1!



Well I can't believe that 1 year ago (May 7th) Christopher was born! Happy Birthday, Christopher! I just can't believe how fast the time flies by! Everyone has always told me that and I just kind of smiled and nodded, but now that I have kids of my own, I truly believe it. He had fun eating his birthday cup cake (we had a laid back birthday since Matthew's was 2 wks earlier and we had just finished his birthday cake). He loves balls and had fun with his ball popper toy and a few other toys he got:)











We took Christopher in to have his 1 year checkup on his birthday and is doing well. It looks like we will have to have tubes put in his ears since he's had almost 6 ear infections in the past 6 months. We are making a trip to the ENT later next week and hopefully that'll go well. I'm ready for him to feel better all the time and not have random sad times because of his ears hurting him.

At our church, they sing a song called "Pat the Bible" in each of the Sunday school classes, from 6 mos to about 4 yr olds. Christopher knows and recognizes that song and anytime we sing it at home he puts his hands together and starts patting a pretend Bible. It's so neat to see how they learn at such a young age! That's one thing we LOVE about our church, that they tell Bible stories in his class even! They will tell the same story all year long with his age, which is usually the creation story, but it's so fun to see their faces as they drool on all the animals, chew on the paper Bibles, and watch as they sing songs during their Worship time. It's great!

The older kids are doing great as well. Katherine lost her first tooth on May 2nd!! Wow, I can't believe our little girl is growing up! I took this picture with my camera phone...sorry it's not the best quality. She had fun putting it under her pillow and waiting for the "tooth fairy" to come and bring her a dollar:) She is doing very well in school and loves every minute of it. She is reading at a 1st grade level! I'm looking forward to having her home for the summer though, in just a few weeks!



Matthew went in for his 3 year old well check and is in the 90th% for height and weight! He is talking very well and the Dr. thought he might even be advanced in his speech! Yay! That is great since about he was 2 we thought he might have problems since he couldn't pronounce certain sounds. Also they decided to try a hearing and vision test with him, which they normally don't do until 4 since most kids won't sit through it, and he did GREAT! They put him in a box type "room" with headphones on and told him to raise his hands when he heard a noise and he did great! The nurses were all impressed that he understood what to do and did it well. Matthew came home and told Daniel that he got to wear head phones, just like Dad! We wondered what he meant and then realized that Daniel wears head phones when he plays computer games with his brother, so he probably wanted to be like Dad and wear them too...no wonder he did well! Like father, like son:)



The kids play so well together. Most of the time, Katherine is the teacher or mom, Matthew is the student or dad, and Christopher is the baby who gets carried everywhere. It's fun to watch them laugh and play well together:) I'm so blessed with 3 wonderful children and a wonderful supportive husband who provides for our family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Old Navy Coupon!!

Wahoo...I don't know if I've ever been more excited about a coupon before! Lately, I've been following a lot of neat money-saving blogs to see if I could cut our grocery budget down from about $1,000 a month and I'm proud to say that I've done that this month and cut it down to $400...more than HALF! That's partially why I haven't posted blogs in a while because this definitely keeps me busy, but I guess is well worth it! I use to just clip a few coupons, head to the store, and be so excited when I'd save $15-20 in one trip. (If you're interested in knowing the money-saving blogs I follow, let me know and I'll forward them to you!) Anyways, OldNavyWeekly.com hides several coupons on there each week (usually reloads on Thursdays) and a big coupon on there is $75 off $100 purchase. I tried last week to get it and even stayed up til 2 a.m. trying, but no luck (I really enjoy the challenge:). Last night, I tried at 8 p.m. and found they reloaded

A Little Bit of Christmas...

I've had a lot of fun this year decorating for Christmas! Last year we really didn't decorate since we had just moved into our house and weren't even in town long enough to enjoy it. Plus in years past, we've had a 4 foot Christmas tree that was "child-proof". Well this year our tree is definitely not child proof but I guess we took the risk. It's been great watching the kid's faces every morning looking at the tree and turning on the lights and train underneath it. We also figured out that the train calms Christopher down and sometimes puts him to sleep! Last night he was really fussy and after a while we weren't sure what to do. So we just sat down in front of the tree and turned the train on for Matt, and Christopher just watched it go around and round for a while and stopped crying! We'll have to try that again!...maybe we should keep the train out year round! :) Daniel was in the Christmas spirit last night and decided to wrap two presents

Joseph, Mary, and Baby Jesus...Contemporary style

Yesterday I went to the store for a few things and ended up buying a Nativity set and displayed it in the house. Of course, it wasn't long before the kids found it and started playing with the pieces. Matthew ran around saying "Baby Jesus!...I love you baby Jesus!" and then Katherine wanted to pretend that Christopher was baby Jesus. So a few towels, headbands, and bathrobes later, this is the outcome:) Katherine praying over her newly born baby Jesus- Katherine and baby Jesus so excited and filled with joy- Joseph, Mary, and baby Jesus in the stable (yes, with a Christmas tree in the background)- Luke 2:14 "And you will have joy and gladness, and many will rejoice at his birth."